Problem with Acard 6280M (OldWorld Mac)

I managed to install Debian 3.1r1 on /dev/hde2. At the end of the installation
process, Debian tells me it cannot install the quik bootloader. So I just
finished without quik. I set  "root=/dev/hde2 devfs=mount,all rw" as kernel
parameters in BootX (/dev/ram0 works for the installer) but now it seems the
System cannot find the boot device. My guess is that the module required for
the Acard 6280M is not loaded. The installer gives the hint to use the Kernel
and the Ramdisk in /dev/hde2/boot for booting. But how?

Thanks.