Re: Monitor never suspends on G4 Mac Mini with Sony Flat Panel

On Tuesday 18 April 2006 17:28, you wrote:
> > > Based on a quick check I'd say it did - the ambient light sensor works
> > > again with the unhacked pbbuttonsd. I'll have to boot an old 2.6.16
> > > to compare yet. Thanks!
> > >
> > > 	Michael
> >
> > Does not seem to be able to test the patch till after easter, but will
> > do. But I'm not sure we're talkin bout the same thing here.
> > the KBD illumination sensor never ceased to work in my case, just that
> > I'm unable to use the KBD to control it, turn it on and off.
>
> That would be something different... in my case, the keys started working
> after I added some code to the powermac ADB keyboard input handler. That's
> been in 2.6.15 or earlier, the code is on 2.6.17 (perhaps in 2.6.16 as
> well), and it sure works for me.
Yes,  something different alright, but no.
2.6.17 breaks all the buttons on top row.
I actually also tried turning off ADB support witch rendered me with a non
working kbd. Every sensor works perfectly. But NO working key to override the
sensor.

> For the USB keyboards there's a new config option you might need to
> activate (CONFIG_USBHID_INPUT_POWERBOOK).
You mean "Enable support for iBook/PowerBook special keys". Works like a charm
with the Fn and functions keys. No difference with the Machine functions

> 	Michael

And Still NO freakin sound on this PB5,7 17".