Re: Xorg 7.0 xserver-xorg-video-ati ati-1-0-branch

On Sun, 2006-04-16 at 18:54 +0200, Elimar Riesebieter wrote:

> Resume with dri enabled:

Sleep or suspend to disk?

> - Switching from X to vt works one time. Back to X freezes the machine.
> - OGL apps like billard-gl or ppracer causes the machine to freeze

[...]

> I disabled dri and it looks more reliable now. My guess is dri
> itself:
>
> Name: XF86DRIProto
> Version: 2.0.3

Very unlikely, this is the X11 protocol extension, completely unrelated
to suspend/resume.

> and the kernel modules:
>
> [drm] Initialized drm 1.0.1 20051102
> [drm] Initialized radeon 1.22.0 20051229 on minor 0

It sounds like the 'radeon DRI resume hacks' are buggy/incomplete for
your machine, part of that may be in the radeon DRM indeed, and/or
xf86-video-ati. This isn't really the right list to discuss that though.

> Hmmm, why gives /usr/lib/pkgconfig/xf86driproto.pc 2.0.3 and
> kerneldrm 1.0.1?

Because they're completely different things: userspace library vs.
kernel core module.