Re: 7447A strange problem with MSR:POW (WAS: can't boot 2.6.17-rc1)

On Fri, 2006-04-14 at 15:00 -0500, Becky Bruce wrote:
> He's being sneaky - there's a copy of HID0 in the CR at this point
> from the caller, and bit 9 is the position for NAP.

It's a trick I learned from Darwin :) They do that regulary when code is
very cpu-feature dependant, like cache code for example, they put the
cpu features bitmask in CR and do branches based on individual bits of
it here or there.

Ben.