Re: Gnome 2.12 doesn't show icons of removable media on desktop

Jack Malmostoso wrote:
On Fri, 14 Apr 2006 08:10:11 +0200, Matthias Grimm wrote:

Any hints? Which package I should file a bug to? Nautilus? gnome-vfs? fam?
I don't know. How this mechanism works is no longer clear to me so any
tips, hints, clues are appreciated.

It is an unlucky combination of udev+kernel+gnome-volume-manager. IIRC the
bug was filed against udev (search bugs.debian.org) but it was easily
solved with a newer udev version. Try pulling it from unstable, it should
do the trick.

You might have to pull in a newer kernel with a newer udev... Anyone in
the know, uh, know if there is that difference between the udev in
testing and unstable? I remember having to deal with that a while back,
but my memory is foggy now that it's been a while since updating my PPC
to Unstable.

HTH a little...
-M.