Re: Monitor never suspends on G4 Mac Mini with Sony Flat Panel

    Pancho> On Thu, Apr 13, 2006 at 08:30:31AM -0700, Shyamal Prasad
    Pancho> wrote:

    Pancho> I have attached xorg.conf, config-2.6.16.5 (vanilla
    Pancho> linux), and a list of installed packages in my mac
    Pancho> mini. Please note that the aforementioned
    Pancho> config-2.6... builds a REALLY monolithic kernel, with all
    Pancho> the functionality I need built in, and no modules at
    Pancho> all. You've been warned :-).

Hey Pancho,

The more I look at this the more I think your monitor is a little
different.

shyamal@turtle:~$ /usr/sbin/ddcprobe | grep name
monitorname: SDM-S204

but your xorg.conf lists the monitor as being an SDM-S204E. Could you
confirm?

    >> Also, is there any chance you could try the stock 2.6.15 kernel
    >> in testing to see if you can recreate my problem? I'd like to
    >> know if this is just me or there is a problem with the kernel
    >> configuration.
    >>
    Pancho> Just tried it (linux-image-2.6.15-1-powerpc), and no
    Pancho> problem at all!

Thanks - that is an excellent data point to have because I did not
have to go off and try a new kernel :)

But after trying out your xorg.conf changes (mostly AGP parameters)
I'm still not able to put this monitor to sleep. Still working on it
though ;)

    Pancho> P.S.: I'm from spain; where are you from? Your name sounds
    Pancho> like hindi?

I'm in Redmond, Washington, USA (home of you know who, but I have
nothing to do with you know who except that many of my friends do work
there). But, yes, I was born in India so your guess about my name is a
good one. The name is actually a Bengali name and not a Hindi one. I
was born close to the state of West Bengal and my parents picked a
local name for me (I understand and speak Spanish much better than
Bengali, but that is not saying much about my Spanish skills at all :)

Cheers!
Shyamal