Re: Monitor never suspends on G4 Mac Mini with Sony Flat Panel

    Pancho> On Wed, Apr 12, 2006 at 10:20:20PM -0700, Shyamal Prasad
    Pancho> wrote:

    >> One issue with X (xorg) is that the monitor (a Sony flat panel,
    >> SDM S204) never seems to go into the sleep state. The screen
    >> seems to blank and all, but the monitor continues to run at
    >> full power.
    >>
    Pancho> Same monitor, too.

Cool - some one with exactly the same configuration :)

Are you running stable or testing?

    >> If I issue an 'xset dpms force standby' (or sleep etc.) the
    >> screen blanks, but the monitor continues to run at full
    >> power. 'xset q' shows DPMS being on.
    >>
    Pancho> xset dpms etc... works for me, i.e. the monitor goes to
    Pancho> low power mode.

    Pancho> Do you use DVI or plain vga cable?

DVI

    Pancho> I'll supply you with any cfg files you may want to
    Pancho> examine. Just ask.

Well, I mis-wrote when I mentioned my kernel version: I'm running
2.6.15-1-powerpc (not .16) and it is the stock Debian kernel.

Could you please send me your xorg.conf file and the kernel config you
are using so I can try exactly the same configuration. I presume you
built your kernel off the source package in unstable?

Also, is there any chance you could try the stock 2.6.15 kernel in
testing to see if you can recreate my problem? I'd like to know if
this is just me or there is a problem with the kernel configuration.

Cheers!
Shyamal