Re: Monitor never suspends on G4 Mac Mini with Sony Flat Panel

On Thu, Apr 13, 2006 at 08:30:31AM -0700, Shyamal Prasad wrote:
> Cool - some one with exactly the same configuration :)

Yeah! :)
> Are you running stable or testing?

testing

>     Pancho> Do you use DVI or plain vga cable?
>
> DVI
With the cable that came with the monitor? Just a wild idea...

> Could you please send me your xorg.conf file and the kernel config you
> are using so I can try exactly the same configuration. I presume you
> built your kernel off the source package in unstable?

I have attached xorg.conf, config-2.6.16.5 (vanilla linux), and a list
of installed packages in my mac mini. Please note that the
aforementioned config-2.6... builds a REALLY monolithic kernel, with all
the functionality I need built in, and no modules at all. You've been
warned :-).

> Also, is there any chance you could try the stock 2.6.15 kernel in
> testing to see if you can recreate my problem? I'd like to know if
> this is just me or there is a problem with the kernel configuration.

Just tried it (linux-image-2.6.15-1-powerpc), and no problem at all!

$ xset dpms force standby

does the trick in X, and pressing power button (thanks to pbbuttonsd)
does it in plain console. Note: I have a happy hacking pro keyboard,
which has mac keys (vol up & down, power, mute, eject), although only
"power" works reliably for me; still working with the others... Won't
you by chance have the same keyboard? :)

> Cheers!
> Shyamal

May the Source be with you. Good luck!

pancho.

P.S.: I'm from spain; where are you from? Your name sounds like hindi?

--
Pancho Horrillo

To be conscious that
you are ignorant is a great step