Re: XEN...if ever? -- MOL on 2.6

On 12.4.2006, Rick Thomas told this:

> The author (and upstream maintainer) of MOL died about a year or so
> ago.  A couple of folks offered to pick it up, but they may not have
> the energy and dedication that he had.

They seem to be doing OK.  10.4 support has been there for about a
year, and for a while many people were using their wireless cards
under linux by going through MOL.

Gentoo seems to have the most up to date MOL "packages".

> Also, see http://maconlinux.org/news.html which claims that "Mar 21,
> 2004 Mac-on-Linux 0.9.70 is out!" and lists as part of the new
> features "• Support for the 2.6 kernel".  Admittedly, "Support for the
> 2.6 kernel" is ambiguous -- it may mean MOL runs on a 2.6 kernel, or
> it may mean a 2.6 kernel runs on MOL.  I have no personal experience
> with it.

Discerning authorial intent is always hard to do, but I will say that
you can run MOL even if you're using a 2.6 kernel.

--
Guy Yasko -- gyasko@sympatico.ca