Re: PCMCIA to usb reader for a WiFi card

Andrea Lusuardi - UoVoBW wrote:

>Hi eveyone,
>i am writing because i had somehow received a dwl-650 pcmcia wifi
>adapter as a present.
>My ibook has no pcmcia slots so i was wondering: is it somehow possible
>to find a pcmcia to usb/firewire converter?
>My idea was: i connect the ibook via usb or firewire to this external
>pcmcia reader, i then connect the pcmcia card to the reader and i get
>an external usb wireless interface to use with the madwifi-ng drivers.
>Do you think it is fasible? Do you see any problems?
>Anyone has ever tryied something like this before?

which ibook model do you have?

if you have a new ibook you have AirportExtreme card...

if you have a old iBook you can find a not easy pcmcia slot
under keyboard

anyway I know that use CNet Wireless-G USB Dongle with Linux
but the driver have some problem with Linux/ppc

I do know if exists the adapter you want

Alessandro