Re: Can't see yaboot after 10.4.6 update!
- To: Sammy <email@example.com>
- Cc: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: Can't see yaboot after 10.4.6 update!
- From: Wolfgang Pfeiffer <email@example.com>
- Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2006 17:27:36 +0200
- Message-id: <20060406152736.GB12644@localhost>
- In-reply-to: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- References: <email@example.com>
On Wed, Apr 05, 2006 at 12:49:16PM +0200, Sammy wrote:
> I updated my MacOS X to v10.4.6, it restarted and now I can't see yaboot's
> menu anymore. How can I restore it?
The cumbersome solution:
You could try to chroot into your Linux system, and then run 'ybin -v'
With slight modifications these instructions might still be helpful
for doing that:
If the following works this will be much less hassle than the above
"Here a simple reset of the openfirmware (Command-Option-P-R a the
starting of the ibook) does the trick to start again yaboot after a
MacOS X reinstallation."
Wolfgang Pfeiffer: /ICQ: 286585973/ + + + /AIM: crashinglinux/
Key ID: E3037113