Re: libuno_sal.so.3 from OOo 2.0 needed

Wojciech Owczarek wrote:
> I get some glibc symbol error with OOo that most probably will need a
> rebuild of openoffice
> (http://lists.debian.org/debian-glibc/2005/05/msg00030.html), but I
> wonder if a quick dirty fix of substituting the libuno_sal.so.3 file

Why are you using 1.9.x?

> having that problem with a working one could save me. Can anybody share
> that file from openoffice 2.0 on ppc with me? (I'm on a slow connection
> now and need openoffice, so that's why this idea).

There's a working one in the current packages (openoffice.org-core).
Work for me with current sid. (Don't have etch handy but don't see why it
shouldn't...)

http://zyklop.dyndns.org/~rene/libuno_sal.so.3

But also note that 1.9.100 is sufficiently ancient that this might not
really work and also note thet you need e.g. libpam since we enabled the
option to link with libpam instead of dlopen()ing it. Also note it's
built on current sid, so against 2.3.6.

If you use Debian, just use the up-to-date packages (2.0.1 in testing,
2.0.2 in sid), really. (Or ,if you use sarge a backport, of which I didn't yet
get around to build for powerpc, will do soon, though).

Regards,

Rene