microphone recording level

Hello there,

I'm using a PowerBook5,4 (G4 1.5 Alu') and am trying to use the internal
mic to do some VoIP.  The problem I am having is that whatever mixer
settings I seem to chose, I can only get the mic to record very, very,
quietly.  DRC is disabled and if I have recording monitor mixers set to
0 or 100 it makes no difference to how sensitive the mic is.

I've done a bit of Googling and was expecting DRC or the monitor sliders
to provide the answer but they don't.  Using the PCM 1 slider also has
no effect.

Does anyone else have this issue?  I'm using 2.6.12.

bye just now, best regards,

--
Matthew T. Atkinson <matthew@agrip.org.uk>