Re: How can I get rid of the starting bong! (G4-mac mini)?

wrobell wrote:
On Wed, 2006-03-29 at 15:39 +0200, Pancho Horrillo wrote:

Hi!

Mi G4 mac mini, following apple tradition, starts with a noisy "bong!".

[...]

Speakerectomy apart, do you know any way to disable this bong? Any
OpenFirmware variable that can be set? (I've looked for it, too, but no
luck either).

does

  nvsetvol 0

work for you?

regards,

   wrobell <wrobell@pld-linux.org>

mmmm.... is there any way to change the bong chime for a customized sound like "today is your best day"?? ;-)

thanks

--
patoVala
Linux User#280504