Re: off topic - Apple service sucks

On Sat, 25 Feb 2006 21:04:02 -0600
"David Smoot" <davidsmoot@gmail.com> wrote:

> I recently had to send my powerbook back for warranty repair because
> OSX was failing to recognize the extra 512 megs of ram in the lower
> ram slot.
>
> Before I sent my system back, I had my 100 gig drive set up as dual
> boot with roughly an 80 - 20 split between OS X and Debian.
>
> I was irritated when I discovered I got back a wiped clean 80 gig
> partition for OS X.

that's indeed a problem of yours, sorry man :-)
i sent my pb for display repair, but before i took out my hd :-)))
it's clearly stated everywhere that they don't guarantee to preserve
data.

> I am now furious to discover that they took my 100 gig drive and
> replaced it with a 80 gig drive.  That's right.  Those idiots didn't
> just wipe my drive, they gave me the wrong freaking drive.  They
> apparently made no effort to preserve my data on my system

the problem w/ the disk, it's a problem, this one yes.
they are not expected to preserve data on yr system, anyway...