Re: On the status of support for the current generation iBooks

On Wed, Mar 22, 2006 at 05:20:06PM -0500, James Montgomery wrote:

> now. My only concern is; will PPC development be droping off? I know

I doubt that neither software nor hardware development is dropping off.
Main blank spot right now is the lack of consumer/developer machines in
a decent price range.

> it won't disappear overnight, but how do the next 2-5 years look? And
> if they can get  XP to boot on the x86 MacBook, how long before linux
> x86 will be running on Apple hardware?

They already have booted linux on the new x86 hardware. It's just not
covered here since it's not PPC-related.

-Olof