Re: Does Shockware Flash Plugin for Mozilla work on powerpc arch?

On Wed, Mar 22, 2006 at 04:23:53PM +0100, Uwe Steinmann wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 22, 2006 at 03:06:22PM +0100, Wolfgang Pfeiffer wrote:

> > > Same here, on unstable: I already was considering removing swf-player
> > > completely from the system, because of these at times really ugly
> > > crashes of Firefox: Firefox in these instances is eating around 85-90%
> > > of the CPU after, IINM, swf-player has been loaded.
> >
> > It seems I was wrong:
> >
> > I just removed swf-player completely (aptitude also removed a few
> > other 'unused' packages with that removal), re-started Firefox, and
> > the CPU Load problem still persists: You can verify it here:
> > http://www.bild.t-online.de/BTO/index.html
> Just loaded that page with galeon and it takes 65% of the cpu.
> But at least it doesn't screw up. Leaving that pages (which makes sense
> in any case :-)

... it looks like, yes ... :)

> lets galeon return to normal behavior.
>
> > In short: The page above eats a huge load of my CPU no matter whether
> > swf-player is installed or not ... There's obviously  something else
> > that's wrong ...
> Is there an swf animation on that page at all?

I doubt it: A
ps ax | grep -i swf
didn't show anything about swf-player

But the nosccript plugin in Firefox tells me there are 4 (!) sites on
this one single page trying to start scripts ... So this might explain
the CPU load perhaps ...

Best Regards
Wolfgang

--
Wolfgang Pfeiffer: /ICQ: 286585973/ + + +  /AIM: crashinglinux/
http://profiles.yahoo.com/wolfgangpfeiffer

Key ID: E3037113
http://keyserver.mine.nu/pks/lookup?search=0xE3037113&fingerprint=on