Re: kernel 2.6.16 on powerbook G4: Oops when loading sound module

> Well, in that case it looks like a real bug, then. Disassemble
> i2c_smbus_write_byte_data and try to figure out why it crashes there ...

I think it crashes because the sound driver is stupid and tries to tap
an i2c bus before it was bound to one at all, thus dereferences NULL...
Should work if you make sure the i2c driver is loaded first. The problem
was introduced in part because of the driver name change (i2c-keywest ->
i2c-powermac) since the sound driver explicitely tries to load
i2c-keywest and wasn't properly updated. Thus you need to load
i2c-powermac yourself or have it built-in (I recommend the later).

Ben.