Re: GRUB for powerpc

Am Montag, 20. März 2006 14:16 schrieb Roger Leigh:
> Hi folks,
>
> As you might know, GRUB version 2 will support powerpc in addition to
> ix86 systems.  The next release of the grub2 package in Debian should
> have initial support for powerpc.
>
> In the meantime, the latest release is available here:
> http://people.debian.org/~rleigh/grub-1.93.tar.gz
>
> and some documentation about setup is here:
> http://grub.enbug.org/TestingOnPowerPC

Hi

I pulled in the source from CVS. It compiled, installed everything fine. But
after changing the OF boot device to grub I only got the following output:
Welcome to GRUB!_
-               _
Decrementer exception at %SRR0: 00000000 %SRR1: 00083030
 ok
O >

After resetting the boot device to yaboot, yabout couldn't load the linux
image saying "CLAIM failed". After a reboot yaboot had no more problems.

After that I just pulled in your tarball and rebuilt Grub2 again. Same
behaviour as CVS.

My machine is a PowerBook PowerBook5,2, G4 1 GHz. Once GRUB is boot my
Powerbook I could offer you to test also my other machines:
- PowerMac G3 blue/white
- PowerBook G3 400 MHz
- iMac
And may be even on my main server a Pegasos I.

Best regards, keep going with your efforts!

--
Niklaus Giger