Re: kernel 2.6.16 on powerbook G4: Oops when loading sound module

Michael Schmitz wrote:

>>Mar 21 11:23:41 kaluha kernel: Oops: Kernel access of bad area, sig: 11 [#1]
>>Mar 21 11:23:41 kaluha kernel: PREEMPT
>>

>You Shalt Not Compile Thine Kernel Using The PREEPMT Option On PowerPC.
>Ever.
>
>	Michael

right i had seen that before and forgot about it :( i have been running
with preempt enabled for a while without any problem though....
i'm recompiling without preempt right now and we'll see how it works ....

--
Charles-Edouard Ruault

+33 1 55 34 76 65
ce@idtect.com