Re: MOL Status

On Tue, Mar 14, 2006 at 01:43:46PM +0100, Sven Luther wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 14, 2006 at 11:10:14AM +0100, Gaudenz Steinlin wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > On Mon, Mar 13, 2006 at 09:58:22PM +0100, Jack Malmostoso wrote:
> > > Hello there list,
> > >
> > > I just wanted to report that mol-0.9.71pre8 works beautifully and loads
> > > Tiger just fine.
> > > You can download the sources here:
> > >
> > > http://dev.gentoo.org/~josejx/mol-0.9.71_pre8.tar.bz2
> >
> > I'm currently working on update the mol package in Debian. I could need
> > some comaintainers though, because Otavio who originally started the
> > pkg-mol effort no longer owns any Powerpc machine.
>
> Thanks for working on this. What help do you need ? Something specific i could
> do, or long run help ?

You could have a look at #353461. The absence of highmem.h in
asm-powerpc also affects mol modules builds. Just copying highmem.h from
asm-ppc to asm-powerpc solves the problem. but I don't know if this is
the right aproach. asm/highmem.h is not directly included from the mol
modules, but other kernel include files include it.

Gaudenz

--
Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter.
Try again. Fail again. Fail better.