Re: Problems during boot in snd_powermac with linux-image-2.6.16-rc5-powerpc

On Tue, Mar 14, 2006 at 11:21:09AM +0100, Michel Dänzer wrote:
> On Tue, 2006-03-14 at 10:49 +0200, Eddy Petri??or wrote:
> >
> > ALSA changes the pitch (about 110% of the normal speed),
>
> Could be an application bug.

It might also be a different sampling rate of the sound server and the file
you were playing. Today I played a 44kHz file, while ALSA was working
at 48kHz, resulting in a lower pitch.

> > and with the future removal of the OSS drivers from the 2.6 tree I feel
> > that the sound on PPC issue will strike a lot of uses.
>
> ALSA has been working much better than OSS ever did for me for years,
> and my impression has been it's the same for most other PowerMac users.
> YMMV.

I have been using esd on top of both OSS and ALSA, so I cannot really
make a difference.

Edo