Re: Problems during boot in snd_powermac with linux-image-2.6.16-rc5-powerpc

On 3/13/06, Niklaus Giger <niklaus.giger@swissonline.ch> wrote:
> Am Sonntag, 12. März 2006 21:50 schrieb Elimar Riesebieter:
> > On Sun, 12 Mar 2006 the mental interface of
> >
> > Does your machine supports fire-wire?
> Yes it does. And the Debian kernel package 2.6.15-1-powerpc does not show the
> Ooops. I forgot to mention my cpuinfo.
> processor       : 0
> cpu             : 7447/7457, altivec supported
> clock           : 999.999000MHz
> revision        : 0.1 (pvr 8002 0101)
> bogomips        : 60.02
> timebase        : 18432000
> machine         : PowerBook5,2
> motherboard     : PowerBook5,2 MacRISC3 Power Macintosh
> detected as     : 287 (PowerBook G4 15")
> pmac flags      : 0000001b
> L2 cache        : 512K unified
> pmac-generation : NewWorld

I have the same type of machine and found out that sound does not work
reliably except if using OSS with esd on top.

ALSA changes the pitch (about 110% of the normal speed), and with the
future removal of the OSS drivers from the 2.6 tree I feel that the
sound on PPC issue will strike a lot of uses.

--
Regards,
EddyP