Re: Debian MacOldWorld installation

2006/3/10, Rick Thomas <rbthomas55@pobox.com>:
Are you sure your CD-R burned cleanly?  Sometimes the old Mac SCSI
CD-rom drives are finicky about which brand of CD-R they will read.
Can you read the CD-R with the same drive under Mac-OS?

Just a thought...

Also, if you can't get the miboot floppies to work, you might try using
BootX and MacOS.

Rick

On Mar 10, 2006, at 12:36 PM, Jerome Le Saux wrote:

>> such macs

>> > thank you for you quick answer.
>> > I checked my ID and they are organised as follow :
>> > 1rst harddrive detected sda scsi 0, channel 0 , id 2 , lun 0
>> > 2nd CDROM detected sr0 scsi 0 , channel 0 , id 3 , lun 0
>> > 3rd harddrive detected sdb scsi0 , channel 0, id 4 , lun 0
>> >
>> > And miboot returns me the same error.
>> > Any ideas ?
>> > Sincerely
>> >
>> > Jerome
> Well I tried with another harddrive, now this step is ok.
> But I have another error :p :
> isofs_read_super_block break failed
> hfs_fs unable to read superblock .
> Well must I partition my disks before to launch miboot ?
> My harddrives are still with hfs partitions.
> Sincerely
>
> Jerome

Thank you for your advises.
I succeeded in booting with boot.img and root.img from the following url : http://people.debian.org/~luther/d-i/sid/images/2006-03-10/powerpc/floppy/
Unfortunately the drivers floppies are not recognized.
The debian installer returned me that I have bad floppy :).
(I tried to create the drivers floppies from a linux a lot of time, via the command dd)

Have you an url where I can find drivers img floppies ?

The CDROM which is the cdrom driver is recognized by Macos 8.5.
Just tell me where I can find drivers img floppies

Sincerely

Jerome