Re: Debian MacOldWorld installation

On Fri, Mar 10, 2006 at 01:43:01PM +0100, Jerome Le Saux wrote:
> Hi all,
> I imagine you might be bored to see such mail. I'm sorry but I read the
> Debian Manual but also on the net via google to try to find an answer to my
> problem.
> I used to install Debian distribution on other architecture such Intel, so
> my question is only on the CDrom boot.
> I downloaded miboot floppy to boot.

Some miboot floopies are known to not work. Others do work, exactly
what image did you use?

> Miboot returned me : Kernel Panic VFS unable to mount root FS on 08:01.
> What's wrong, my harddrive are not supported ?
> Must I add specific driver for them ?

No, just use a working miboot image. I would suggest using either
images from october-novemer 2005 or the most current ones (the latter
don't work on my testing box, but it would be nice to know it they do
work on your). Here's where I get miboot images.

http://people.debian.org/~luther/d-i/sid/images/

--
Hans Ekbrand (http://sociologi.cjb.net) <hans@sociologi.cjb.net>
GnuPG key: 1024D/7050614E