2.6.13 CardBus woes

'ello,

I've recently moved from 2.6.9 to 2.6.13 on my PowerBook5,4.  I used the
patch that was linked to from this list to solve the problem of it
hanging before kernel boot and that worked fine.

However, my WLAN card (CardBus) doesn't come up with the machine any
more.  When I try to restart PCMCIA services, it says I have not got any
PCMCIA devices.  I believe that the module ``ds'' is required even
though I have yenta_socket, because an earlier error message told me
this (and there is no ds module in my 2.6.13).

I've used the same .config I had for 2.6.9, but updated a few things as
they were new settings for this release.  I'm confused as to why the
machine can't find the cardbus hardware now.

One odd thing I noticed was that in menuconfig, as soon as I say Y/M to
Yenta Socket in the Buses->PCMCIA/CardBus section, the option to support
32-bit CardBus devices is ``greyed out'' with hyphens.  I assume this is
because it's assumed you want 32-bit support if you've just selected
that you've got a Yenta-Socket socket :-).

Any info would be greatly appreciated!

best regards,

--
Matthew T. Atkinson <matthew@agrip.org.uk>