Re: Power Mac 6100/66

On Wed, Sep 14, 2005 at 11:51:26AM +0200, Ernest Demaret wrote:
> > and what do you patch ? The debian kernel sources ? the upstream
> > sources ?
> > Which version of them.

> Debian kernel-source 2.4.27-10. What's an upstream source?

upstream -> ftp.kernel.org :)

So, i guess Simon Horms broke the patch, oh well, will have a look once i have
some time.

> > > I found no sarge nubus-kernel at debian.org so there's not much
> > > to try.
> > > Any idea where to find it? I'd be glad to try and test a sarge
> > > nubus-kernel.
> > >

> > apt-get install kernel-image-2.4.27-nubus
> >
> > Sure, you need a running system, and at least sarge apt sources,
> > but hey.
>
> The system runs allright. How do I know if my apt-sources are sarge? I
> run a testing distribution.

Testing is fine, it is currently etch, which is newer than sarge.

Just run the above, and try to use the kernel (which should be in
/boot/Mach\ kernel i think) or something.

> If I compile the 2.4.27-nubus kernel with sarge apt-sources I get a
> 2.6.8 nubus-kernel?

Last i knew, nubus kernels where 2.4 only, do you have a 2.6 nubus kernel ?

Friendly,

Sven Luthre