Re: Migrating Debian from iMac G4 to iMac G5

On Tue, Sep 06, 2005 at 09:17:33AM +0200, Michael Schmitz wrote:
> > Also, notice that it is my experience that linux/powerpc sbp2 (the firewire
> > disk) mode is rather flakey on 2.6 kernels, when i tried that to backup my
> > powerbook, i failed miserably.
>
> Cannot confirm this - on 2.6.8 and 2.6.11 (old BenH BK trees), sbp2 and fw
> is rock solid. The only trick is to plug in the disk _after_ Linux has
> booted.

I get this (debian 2.6.12-6 kernel) :

  ieee1394: sbp2: aborting sbp2 command
  scsi6 : destination target 0, lun 0
          command: cdb[0]=0x28: 28 00 07 0c 9d e8 00 00 08 00

Or stuff like it, both on my pegasos and on my titanium 1GHz powerbook. This
doesn't stop the disk from working though, altough i have not yet made
extensive tests, but any use of the disk is damn slow because of the above.

Friendly,

Sven Luther