Re: Fan control 2.6.15-rc6 on PowerMac 8,2 not working

You need to enable CONFIG_CPU_FREQ, then powermac support for it
(CPU_FREQ_PMAC64), then you can enable the windfarm driver for your
machine (CONFIG_WINDFARM_PM81)

I did it, but still the fan stays on all the time once it starts.  I think it stayed off a bit longer this time though, the X server had already started by the time the fan went on.

I attached to this message the new dmesg, config and cpuinfo, just in case.

Maybe these lines (inside dmesg.txt) have something to do with it, looks like the smu-i2c bus is registered a bit too late, or maybe its registration is triggered by windfarm ...  I don't know.

	windfarm: SMU i2c bus 0x0 not found in device-tree !
	i2c-dev: adapter [smu-i2c-00] registered as minor 7
	SMU i2c bus 0 registered

Should I be trying a modular version?  You had mentioned that not all dependencies were right, that's why I compiled everything in.

Eduardo.