Re: ppc64 missing from upstream 2.6.15-rc6?

On Tue, Dec 20, 2005 at 07:41:12PM +0100, Sven Luther wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 20, 2005 at 07:29:52PM +0100, Wolfgang Pfeiffer wrote:
> >
> > Sven, I just saw that actually there is no such file here. You
> > meant to write instead about the files in
> > /usr/share/kernel-package/ruleset/arches/
> >
> > Correct?
>
> Yeah. Actually, Manoj was searching for testers, or someone with will to play
> with it. Basically, what needs done is to patch architecture.mk to check the
> version (either $(version) or $(VERSION).$(PATCHLEVEL).$(SUBLEVEL), example in
> misc/initrd.mk), and then chose the old ppc/ppc64.mk code for older than
> 2.6.15, and use the new powerpc.mk code for 2.6.15 and beyond.
>
> If you (or someone else) would have time to test this

After Christmas, yes. That is from Dec 28 on ....  And please, if
possible somehow, give me a .deb package to install for testing, not a
tarball I have to compile/install, with the consequence of having to
remove dozens of test files manually after having installed them. I
hate the latter, I admit ... :) Except there are just a few files to
install and test ...

> and implement it,

If this means writing the patches: No. Simply for a lack of the necessary
skills to do that.

> and provide a patch against kernel-package,

Same 'no' as above. Sorry. :)

Simply let me know what I can do. From Dec. 28 on ...

Best Regards
Wolfgang

--
Wolfgang Pfeiffer: /ICQ: 286585973/ + + +  /AIM: crashinglinux/
http://profiles.yahoo.com/wolfgangpfeiffer

Key ID: E3037113
http://keyserver.mine.nu/pks/lookup?search=0xE3037113&fingerprint=on