Re: ppc64 missing from upstream 2.6.15-rc6?

On Tue, Dec 20, 2005 at 07:29:52PM +0100, Wolfgang Pfeiffer wrote:

> Sven, I just saw that actually there is no such file here. You
> meant to write instead about the files in
> /usr/share/kernel-package/ruleset/arches/
>
> Correct?

Yeah. Actually, Manoj was searching for testers, or someone with will to play
with it. Basically, what needs done is to patch architecture.mk to check the
version (either $(version) or $(VERSION).$(PATCHLEVEL).$(SUBLEVEL), example in
misc/initrd.mk), and then chose the old ppc/ppc64.mk code for older than
2.6.15, and use the new powerpc.mk code for 2.6.15 and beyond.

If you (or someone else) would have time to test this and implement it, and
provide a patch against kernel-package, both me and Manoj would highly
appreciate, as i presonally fear i will not really have time until january or
so.

Friendly,

Sven Luther