Re: Successfull! - Debian install on biege G3

> I would like to know if this is the best way to do it, before I send
> any suggestions to the installation manual.
>
> Obviously, without the croot it won't work to use
>
> /boot/vmlinux-2.6.12-1-powerpc
>
> but you would have to use
>
> /target/boot/vmlinux-2.6.12-1-powerpc.
>
> But would chroot somehow help to get the MacOS partition mounted or
> not?
>
> Is /dev/hda6 specific for the installed system while inside the
> installer one have to use /dev/discs/dics0/part6?

Within
target/lib/modules/2.6.8-powerpc/kernal/fs
you find hfs and hfsplus support.

This seems to be lacking in d-i

Also I only found reference to the 'sda' partitions within target/dev.
Any attempt to mount any device in /dev had trouble, only when I chroot did
I get anywhere...

Regards,
DP