Re: failed to install a debian netinst (etch) on an old G4 (400mhz)

On Thu, Dec 08, 2005 at 08:20:13AM +0100, Nicolas Hognon wrote :

>  > I think that you have to tell partman that the partition #2 is a neworld
> >bootstrap partition. Just select its as if you wanted to put a filesystem
> >on
> >it, bootstrap is in the list.
> >
> >Partman will then format it, and yaboot should cease to complain.
>
> ok ... it seems a good solution
> bu if I select the parition #2 it is already configured as a"NewWorld
> bootstrap" partition ... so nothing changed.

In my case, I had a similar problem and I actually reformatted the
partition 2 in hfs+ format using the osX installation disk. Actually, as
the partition tables did not look exactly the same, I re-partitionned the
whole drive, to be on the safe side (this means re-installing osX, but
it was freshly reinstalled anyway).

Another possibility could be to directly dd yaboot on the partition[1],
but I never tried such thing by myself.

Good luck !

--
Charles