Re: failed to install a debian netinst (etch) on an old G4 (400mhz)

 > I think that you have to tell partman that the partition #2 is a neworld
bootstrap partition. Just select its as if you wanted to put a filesystem on
it, bootstrap is in the list.

Partman will then format it, and yaboot should cease to complain.

ok ... it seems a good solution
bu if I select the parition #2 it is already configured as a"NewWorld bootstrap" partition ... so nothing changed.

This time I decide to finish the installation even if yaboot installation failed. So debian is installed but I cannot boot on it :( ... I think I can boot using the debian netinst bootable cd and I'll try to fix it latter because I have to go to work (yes I try to install a debian before going to work :)

I think the problem is about this hfsutil tool which is not here.

thank for your help
perhaps someone as another idea

Regards,

nicolas