Re: Problem with Bull Escala

On Mon, Dec 05, 2005 at 05:35:20PM +0100, Fruhen, Andreas, VF-Group wrote:
> I want to install Debian on a Bull Escala. I've found some old docs on
> the web but nothing very helpfull.
> I just know that it is a prep System. I probably have some problems with
> my Openfirmware.

Try the various vmlinuz-prep.initrd from the debian installer, netbooting the
powerpc/netboot version. sarge has an 2.6.8 kernel, sid a 2.6.14 and
etch-beta1 has a 2.6.12 kernel.

It works for my motorola powerstack II, but not for the IBM prep boxes, so i
don't know how it stands for the Bull Escala, but we had posts about this in
the past here, so i would be interested with feedback from the 3 above
kernels.

If it doesn't work and you can find a kernel patch for it to work, i would be
glad to get it integrated into the debian kernels (same for the IBM prep
stuff).

Friendly,

Sven Luther