Re: Power Mac G3 beige : Problem with boot

Hans Ekbrand wrote:
On Tue, Dec 06, 2005 at 12:44:07PM +0100, Frédéric Massot wrote:

[...]
If I change the parameter boot-device to "scsi/sd@0:2", I always have the error message : DEFAULT CATCH!, code=...

scsi/sd@0:0 might be preferable (the last 0 means "the first bootable
partition"), but will probably not help here.

That does not change anything, I have the same error message. :o(

If you can't get quik to work on your box, there seem to be two alternatives:

I believe that I will give up the idea of booting with Quik.

A. BootX (requires MacOS)

I will test BootX with kernel 2.6

B. miboot (will require a custom kernel with scsi compiled in). I have
setup a automated custom compiling make miboot floppies service, but
it is not finished yet. You give it a .config file and a root device
and you get miboot-floppy images and linux-image-*.deb:s out. If
you're interested I might go ahead and finish it.

Miboot allows bootting from the firmware (like quik) or from a diskette?

Regards.
|              FREDERIC MASSOT               |
|     http://www.juliana-multimedia.com      |
|   mailto:frederic@juliana-multimedia.com   |