Re: Proprietary video formats on PPC.

At Mon, 05 Dec 2005 08:10:52 +0100, Jack Malmostoso wrote:

> On Mon, 05 Dec 2005 07:00:10 +0100, Federico Pistono wrote:
>
> > I could never watch a wmv, asf, rm, flash, on my
> > notebook under Linux.
>
> You can watch Real Video: Real Player is distributed also for PPC linux.
> Not a free solution, but still, most online content is offered for both
> Real and WMV.

Just adding the link where you can download this:
https://helixcommunity.org/project/showfiles.php?group_id=154

If you make the dlls in the codecs directory from RealPlayer
accessible to mplayer, mplayer can use them too. (although mplayer
seems to play some extra 'noise' at the end of the ram-files I used it
for)

ruben