Re: AmigaOne 2.6.x Linux kernel port

Hi Sven,

Yes i have the pegasos 1 with April 2 fix.
I found even on the 2.4.27 kernel i had dma corruption, it was quite annoying.

I tested/modifyed geri patches to build on the 2.6.8 kernel, i have to say it has made a difference.

DMA turned on and no corruption so far, large files over network and local HD.

PegXlin Developer

Pegxmac, Pegxlin

Versatile LIVE CD's for Pegasos Mainboards

http://pegxmac.zftp.com
http://www.pegasosppc.com

[quote]

Unless he does have one of the pre-april boards, this should not be a problem on the pegasos, i long used a pegasos 1 as always on-email gateway, X/web/mail machine for my wife, and d-i autobuilder, with uptimes > 2 month or so (well, i think i reached 4 month and only switched the box off when upgrading kernel or when my wife accidentally hit the reset button instead of the cd-eject one
:). True i had only 128MB of good quality ram in the machine though, but i
never experienced data corruption, and as said, we hardware patched the
articia to solve this problem, even though the MAI guys refused to admit their
chip was buggy.

Friendly,

Sven Luther