Re: New builds for Gnome 2.12

On Sun, Nov 13, 2005 at 10:45:58PM -0800, Mike S wrote:
> I am building gnome-2.12 on testing, and as I am new to building debian
> packages, I would like to know if there is someone that I should notify
> of a successful build like there was back on Gentoo.  Currently I am
> compiling gnome-vfs2 2.12.1.1-1 to which I had to make a few minor
> changes to the control file is why I ask right now.
>
> Since I was told by a few on this list that unstable is really unstable,
> and all I am really interested in is running the new gnome, I decided to
> run testing and build from there, so I have not even looked at the
> unstable packages, >

I would really recomment against doing that. Either be patient and wait until
G2.12 enters testing or upgrade to unstable with experimental gnome packages..
Another option would be to pin apt on testing and get the needed packages from
unstable and experimental, but that's probably more trouble then it's worth.

> but I have read that gnome 2.12 has not been built in
> powerpc, and builds were welcomed, so I am asking if someone knows this
> not to be true.

Powerpc should be quite well up-to-date, but there can sometimes be a delay of
some days as the packages need to be built manually.

  Sjoerd
--
Love makes the world go 'round, with a little help from intrinsic angular
momentum.