Re: hfs boot floppy versions

Rick Thomas schrieb:

On Nov 11, 2005, at 6:25 PM, Christian Müller wrote:

Thx much, somebody pointed that out before, so I've got past that point. However, I'm having trouble now to get the ide devices recognized - I think devfs is used. I don't see any devices below /dev/ide ... - maybe someone who had this problem before and solved it can tell me what to do (didn't try latest floppys yet, though)

Christian

Glad to hear you are having at least *some* success! Can I take it that you have succeeded in getting into the Debian Installer and that's where you're encountering this problem? If so, I'd guess that you are missing a driver module for your IDE interface. If that's what the problem is, the missing driver module should be on one of the extra driver floppies.

I think I remember you saying that this is a beige G3 (tower or desktop?). Can you describe the extra PCI cards you have in it? (Ideally include the name of the manufacturer of the actual card and the chipset it's using.) If possible, the output of "lspci" and "lspci -n" will be extremely helpful -- even critical -- to getting this working for you.

Enjoy!

Rick

No extra pci cards in it - yep, got to the debian installer and switched to second console to have a look at dmesg output, etc.. - oops, thx for pointing out the driver disc, 'll try it in a minute *smashing-head*

regards,
Christian