Re: iMac won't boot from AppleCD

Brad Boyer wrote:

On Sat, Nov 12, 2005 at 08:58:19AM -0200, Gunther Furtado wrote:
Does it have to do whit those little partitions in the start of the traditional apple partition map? I do not have anything that couldn't be lost on this disk so any strategy is acceptable, I need to have dual boot plus cd boot. Mol isn't capable of booting from cd (#startmol --cd boot) either.

If you want to be able to boot OS9 (or anything earlier), you need
those extra partitions. They are drivers used by the classic MacOS
to read the filesystems on the drive. It's kind of involved, but if
you want the details, Apple has it in their old developer docs online.
The easiest thing is most likely going to be starting over from
scratch with the blank hard drive and install OS9 first. If you
can't get the OS9 CD to boot with your hard drive attached, you
may need to erase the partition map completely so that it won't
try to load anything from it.

	Brad Boyer
	flar@allandria.com

If I could use OS9 from within mol that would be just as fine! And the question is: do OS9 using mol still needs those extra partitions?

thanks,

---
Gunther Furtado
Brasil