Re: desktop manager

Fritz Wettstein wrote:
Hi,

I know Debain on Intel-servers very well but I'm new to Debian-PPC and I'm
not used to use linux for a workstation so i don't know much about desktop
managers.

I've made a bas installation with etch on a Mac Mini.

How do I start GNOME-Office, just to give it a try. What's wrong with my

GNOME office is not an office suite, per se, is just abiword, gnumeric, dia and a few other programs that should cover a typical office suite.

Keyboard. It acts strange if the alt-key is used for example alt-2 in
Firefox switches to an other Tab instead of typing the at-sign.

I would call that normal behaviour. Maybe you were thinking about shift-2 and pressed alt-2?

--
Regards,
EddyP