Re: Performa 6320CD

On Thu, Nov 10, 2005 at 06:37:23PM -0500, Rod Ross wrote:
> Sven Luther wrote:
>
> >Cool. That would be real great, do you have an alioth account ?
> >

> I do not have an account on alioth.
>
> >Ah, did you look at the right place (arch/ppc/appleboot/Mach\ Kernel or
> >something such ?). The best is to take the debian kernel package and build
> >using it, since it is known to produce a somewhat working kernel.
> >

> I hope I did will make sure when I build again and I did build both
> manually and using make-kpkg. I used the .config from nubus-sf project (
> I hacked it from the bitkeeper repository source viewer ). I will began
> again tommorrow and then again next week to work on building again. I
> will startup one of the other 2 machines on linux by next week hopefully.
>
> >First step i believe is to build the unstable/etch kernel and boot it, and
> >then adjust the configfile to add the missing bit.
> >

> I will began with sarge and I have run unstable before ( for a few years
> on my 7401 ppc ). If I have questions about kernel build shall I use
> list and may I mail you directly too ? Hopefully will began compile by
> the first of next week .

list mail, debian-kernel is more appropriater probably, also #debian-kernel on
irc.oftc.net.

Use the package in unstable/etch though, evven if you build on stable, will be
faster as it doesn't include the generic powerpc kernels, and you can disable
apus also in debian/flavours.

Friendly,

Sven Luther