Re: ioreg for linux

On Wed, 2005-09-28 at 10:03 +0000, Joerg Sommer wrote:
> Hi,
>
> OS X has a tool /usr/sbin/ioreg. Is there an equivalent in linux? ioreg
> shows some more informations about the battery. I would like to get this
> informations on linux, too. Exists a document how to sniff a program in
> OS X?

ioreg shows the content of OS X io registry, which is a very OS X
specific thing. The closest thing you get in linux is /proc/device-tree
which gives you access to the boot time device-tree but unlike OS X,
drivers don't add their own stuff there.

In linux, however, you can get battery infos in /proc/pmu

Ben.