Re: udev and cdrom on 2.6.13

Peter Plessas wrote:
> upgraded to 2.6.13 from kernel.org, discovered that devsd is no more,
> installed udev, and don't get my cdrom drive to appear in /dev/
I have the same problem with my iBook G3.
It seems that the cdrom will not be available until one loads the ide-cd
module. But this module should be loaded by udev once the cdrom is
detected. A strange circular problem.

Anyway I worked around this problem adding the ide-cd module to the list of
modules that are loaded automatically at startup
(/etc/modules.autoload.d/kernel-2.6 in Gentoo).

--
Gioele <dev@gioelebarabucci.com>