Re: xorg 6.9 experimental powerpc packages available ...

On Tue, Sep 13, 2005 at 10:36:17AM -0400, Michel Dänzer wrote:
> On Tue, 2005-09-13 at 11:48 +0200, Sven Luther wrote:

> > > The 2D driver will have r300 DRI support. The r300 3D driver will only
> > > be available in libgl1-mesa-dri though, and the r300 DRM support is only
> > > available in DRI CVS and possibly current -git kernels yet.
> >
> > That would be neat to have, do you know if it will be submitted to the
> > mainline kernels in time for the 6.9 release, or if we need to provide a
> > corresponding drm package OR something ?
>
> Depends on whether the 2.6.14 kernel will be released in time for X.Org
> 6.9 I guess.

So, it will be in 2.6.14, nice to know.

> > What about this libgl1-mesa-dri ? we also need to provide this one
> > separatedly, right ?
>
> Package: libgl1-mesa-dri
> Section: libs
> Installed-Size: 29184
> Maintainer: Mesa package maintainers
> <pkg-mesa-devel@lists.alioth.debian.org>
> Architecture: powerpc
> Source: mesa

Ok, so it is normal that it didn't got build as part of the 6.9 build, as this
is part of mesa and not xorg-x11. The fact that we have two mesa packages, one
standalone and the other part of xorg-x11 is a bit confusing, but hey.

So all in all, we only need an R300 friendly drm module, which will hopefully
be in 2.6.14.

Friendly,

Sven Luther