keyboard mapping problem on powerbook

Hi,

I've a powerbook aluminium with the canadian french keyboard layout.  I
run Debian testing.

Everything was working perfect, I had almost every key in KDE as it was
supposed to be the à, ç, è. I think I was using the ca_enhanced.  With
XFree I'm using the us layout.

But now, something has changed when I choose ca_enhanced in
kde,( command: setxkbmap -model pc104 -layout ca_enhanced -variant
basic )  I cannot get à and ç like before I have to do a combination of
keys to get them.  It is annoying.

Is anyone experiencing the same problem?

How can I get back the mac/french canadian keyboard in Kde?

Sébastien