Re: help with airport card on g3 powerbook

from mine (working)

# The first network card - this entry was created during the Debian installation
#auto eth0
iface eth0 inet dhcp
  wireless-key bbaaddeeee
#wireless-key off
#  wireless-essid BONG_LANS_11B

the '#'s are clearly comments. i bounce between AP's so i just do them
on the command line with
ifconfig eth0 essid XXXYYYZZZ

Dean

gm c wrote:
I am unable to get my airport card to connect to a wireless base
station. I am using /etc/network/interfaces. iface eth1 inet dhcp
 wireless-essid myessid
 wireless-mode managed
 wireless-key mykey
 wireless-ap myap

when I iwconfig eth1 the ap is all 4's or all 0's. If I iwconfig
essid, mode,  key, and ap the ap is not get recognized.
what am I missing???
mike

Start your day with Yahoo! - make it your home page http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs

--