Re: ALSA sound gone after sleep on 2.6.12

On Fri, Sep 02, 2005 at 08:49:24PM +0200, Wolfgang Pfeiffer wrote:
> Hi all
>

> Titanium IV, on 2.6.12 here, alsa-source 1.0.9b-4 compiled for 2.6.12,
> pbbuttonsd 0.7.1-1.
>
> After resuming the system from sleep sound's gone.

OK, as often Google, IIRC, didn't help much, but a look to Matthias
Grimm's
/etc/power/README
did: Thanks, Matthias :)

So something along the line of this:

Installing this small file

----------------------
#!/bin/sh

alsactl restore

---------------------

as
/etc/power/scripts.d/restore-alsa
and linking to it from
/etc/power/resume.d/
helped ...
I'm not sure whether the above is actually a solution or a lousy
workaround, but so far I didn't figure out anything better ... :)

IINM: For the above to work you should have a working
/var/lib/alsa/asound.state
or whatever file you use for alsactl.
man alsactl

Anyone?

HTH

And an Extra Thanks to Matthias Grimm.

Regards
  Wolfgang
--
Wolfgang Pfeiffer
http://profiles.yahoo.com/wolfgangpfeiffer

If you CC me after I posted here: Please send also a copy to this