Re: powerbook power-off and 2.6.13-rc[3,4]
- To: Stelian Pop <email@example.com>
- Cc: Johannes Berg <firstname.lastname@example.org>, "Antonio-M. Corbi Bellot" <email@example.com>, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: powerbook power-off and 2.6.13-rc[3,4]
- From: Benjamin Herrenschmidt <email@example.com>
- Date: Mon, 01 Aug 2005 17:18:30 +0200
- Message-id: <1122909510.18835.157.camel@gaston>
- In-reply-to: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- References: <email@example.com> <1122905228.6881.9.camel@localhost> <1122908491.18835.150.camel@gaston> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Mon, 2005-08-01 at 17:12 +0200, Stelian Pop wrote:
> Le lundi 01 août 2005 à 17:01 +0200, Benjamin Herrenschmidt a écrit :
> > On Mon, 2005-08-01 at 16:07 +0200, Johannes Berg wrote:
> > > On Mon, 2005-08-01 at 15:54 +0200, Antonio-M. Corbi Bellot wrote:
> > >
> > > > Has anyone observed this behaviour (O.S. halt ok but _no_ power-off at
> > > > the end) with these new '-rc' kernels?
> > >
> > > Yes. I haven't looked for the cause yet though.
> > I think at some point, somebody added a hack in the kernel shutdown code
> > to call suspend() on all devices. This is not a good idea and triggered
> > that sort of problems. I also think that was removed in current -git
> > trees, but somebody should double check.
> It is still there:
Yah, I complained on lkml. It's bogus.